Welcome to Ha'penny Cottage
The front door leads straight into the hallway with hanging space with a useful rack for outer wear. The hallway has a textured slate floor with underfloor heating. Just inside the door is the downstairs toilet/cloakroom.
Open plan living room with dining area
There is slate flooring throughout with zoned underfloor heating. Two comfy leather sofas, large TV with Sky Stream, Freeview etc for a plethora of viewing choices. Enjoy the lovely cool floors in the summer or the cosy woodburning stove on those winter evenings. The adjoining dining table and chairs offer ample, comfortable seating for 4 with plenty of room. Mood lighting provides the perfect ambience for a cosy night in or illumination to read.
The open plan kitchen is situated just off the dining area and is fully fitted with electric double oven, gas hob, large fridge/freezer, microwave, full size dishwasher, microwave, washer dryer as well as plenty of well planned cupboard space. From here there are French doors opening straight out onto the private, secure garden.
King bed with Silentnight premium memory foam and pocket sprung mattress, wardrobe and chest of drawers, bedside tables and lamps. View out over the front of house into the quiet country lane. This bedroom also features a 32" Smart TV for guest use.
Twin beds with pocket sprung mattresses with views over the back garden. Wardrobe with storage space, side tables and bedside lamps.
Contemporary bathroom with modern walk in rainfall shower with diverter, close coupled w.c and a sink with vanity unit. Heated towel rail and hanging for towels.
As you walk into the garage, the first half is devoted to everything guests may need during their stay. This is where you will find the following
1. Two zero gravity chair sunloungers
2. Barbecue tools and associated items
3. Dog crate
4. Additional dog beds
5. Fold up camping chairs in holders
Whatever guests use from this area, please replace it prior to departure so the next guests can also find things easily, with everything where it is supposed to be.
ALL ABOUT THE OUTSIDE:
There is plenty of off road parking on the large gravelled area at the front of the house with a small, neat front garden and traditional lavender planting under the front window.
Laid to lawn with lovely, attractive shrubbery and large patio, all very securely fenced with a solid fence of approx 6ft all round. The garden is totally dog proof and very safe for potential escapees, as the only way out of the garden is through the cottage itself. There are no side gates to worry about! The patio area features a wonderful dining set and parasol, with very comfortable seating - an ideal spot for a light breakfast or morning coffee. Access to the garage is from here.
There is also a large 'cushion box' which houses the lounger cushions for the steamer chairs and 2 luxury anti-gravity chairs. There are also some chair cushions here for the patio table. Please ensure these are put away straight after use to avoid them being rained on or decorated by birds!
- The most reliable network for the area is Vodafone.
- Arrival time 4pm – Departure time 10am.
- Guests are asked NOT to smoke in Ha'penny Cottage please
- All the main supermarkets deliver to the cottage
- There are plenty of countryside walks from the door
- Free WiFi – Superfast Broadband
- Hair dryer in each bedroom
- Fan provided for use in any warm weather
- Full info file in the property
- Booked guests will be provided with our specialist portal featuring a wealth of information about the cottage and its environs, so guests can plan before they goQ
- Plenty of information in the cottage about local walks and places to visit
- All heating (underfloor downstairs, wood burning stove and fully controllable gas radiators upstairs)
- All bedding and towels supplied (tea towels, quality hand and bath towels)
- Coals powered BBQ complete with complementary first instant light bag of 'Bar-b-cue'